The best way to start is with nothing. This is because your mind is open to new ideas and it is easier to put a strategy in place. Before I answer on how to grow a successful Shopify store, you should know how Shopify works with dropshipping.
Since Shopify already has a setup for dropshippers, its interface and functions are also specific to dropshipping.
To grow a successful Shopify dropshipping business, you need to:
- Make a business plan with elements such as executive summary, company description, market analysis, marketing strategy, operational plan, financial plan and a growth tracker. This will help you get more perspective on how you want to strategize.
- Be sure to order a sample from the dropshipping store you have integrated on Shopify with because this will help you understand how the customer will receive your product and the quality of product, packaging, notifications etc.
- Optimize your website to be user-friendly and automated for your customers, just how Shopify is for you. You have a variety of themes, designs and customization offer on Shopify to make your website look presentable.
- Marketing is very crucial to an ecommerce business, so you need to choose the platforms you are going to market it and how. Shopify has the facility of abandoned cart recovery which is the biggest problem an ecommerce business faces. Use it to bring customers back.
- Plan for returns because you don’t have direct control over the inventory when you are dropshipping. Develop a policy framework with your drop shipper at the start so both of you are clear of the consequences and work harder at reducing risks.
- Customer Support is imperative for your brand image and goodwill. Use Shopify to build a good customer support platform. A 24/7 customer support available over the phone, email and chat. You just need to give some helpful guides, forums and setup wizard, Shopify looks after the rest.
This is good to get you going on growing your Shopify dropshipping store. Printrove is a dropshipping company that has an integration with Shopify and is very easy to use.
Where Do You Find Customers?
You can treat your drop shipping business just as you would a regular online store. For example, you can have a website created to advertise your products.
It will look like a regular storefront, but your products will ship from elsewhere.
Some places dropship businesses sell from include eBay and Amazon as well. The key is to increase your visibility by any means necessary. Even Facebook allows you to connect your store so followers can buy from your page.
A shop button is also available which takes users to your online store.
Just don't overlook the value of having your own website so you have a dedicated spot where customers can shop.
Finding Drop Shipping Companies
There are various ways you can find dropship suppliers for your store. Let's review some of them.
It's not easy finding wholesale dropshippers since they don't really market their services. You'll likely end up sifting through pages and pages of before you find legitimate options.
But don't give up, you'll eventually find suppliers for your e-commerce business.
I Know How Dropshipping Works — Now What?
In order to make any business idea work, you need a good plan. Once you gauge your audience, identify products you want and find dropshippers, it's time to build your online store.
This is all easier with the services offered at Dropified. Here, you can streamline the management of your Shopify drop shipping business.
You can save time adding products to your online store, processing orders and researching products. It comes with all sorts of features as well, such as product price change alerts and auto scan for tracking numbers.
Let's not forget you can automate your Shopify store, so you continue earning as you sleep.
You can connect various stores to your account, including Alibaba, eBay, Etsy and more.